Peter J. Plantes, MD, has three decades of experience creating service and delivery solutions that enhance marketplace success and clinical performance for clinical practice groups, academic faculty group practices, hospitals, health systems, and health care organizations. His success stems from his ability to blend and synergize clinical knowledge, operational expertise, financial performance, and collaborative methodology with his deep commitment to serve patients and improve the health of the community.
Dr. Plantes has served in CEO & Physician Executive roles for a number of large healthcare clinical delivery networks including regional community networks, academic practices, national hospital networks, international health systems (Chile, Colombia), and corporate managed care/HMO networks. He is actively recruited to execute start-ups, merger, rapid expansion and/or reengineering of Physician Enterprises. His leadership success results from strength in Business Operations, Governance, Financial performance, Strategic Development, and Clinical Informatics. He is a top performing national physician executive providing innovative and strategic leadership in the growth and expansion of entrepreneurial, domestic and international health services environments.
- Sci., Georgetown University (magna gum laude, phi beta kappa)
- D., University of Pennsylvania (alpha omega alpha, highest honors)
- Chief Resident & 3-year Internal Medical Residency, University of Pennsylvania (HUP)
HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS & ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
- CHRISTUS Physician Group (CEO)
- CHRISTUS Health (SVP Physician Enterprises)
- Medical College of Wisconsin (CEO-MC Physicians, Senior Associate Dean)
- University of California-Riverside SOM (Sr. Associate Dean Clinical Affairs)
- UT Southwestern – Dallas (VP Medical Affairs)
- MetroHealth System – Cleveland (VP Integrated Health Services)
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation (Regional Health Affairs)
- National Health Service Corps (Lower Rio Grande Valley, Texas & Philadelphia inner city) and Health Leaders.
CORPORATE HEALTH SYSTEMS
- Vizient (formerly VHA, Inc.) (Vice President Clinical Affairs)
- United Healthcare of North Carolina (VP & Senior Medical Director)
- Travelers Health (Medical Director)
- Winston-Salem Healthcare Plan
- American College of Physicians – Fellow
- American Association of Physician Leadership
- American Medical Association
- IHI, 100thousand lives campaign
- NQF, past voting member
Peter is an avid international traveler and eternal student of history, Peter and his wife Beth have six grown children and live in the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas area.
“Peter brings a wealth of both clinical and leadership experience to all of his client engagements.”