Gordon Barnhart’s consultative focus encompasses integrating physician practices, restructuring organizations, core process changes, coaching newly promoted executives, redesigning management processes and leadership practices, and designing Board best practices.
From assessing the current reality to guiding the development leadership strategies and tactics required to achieve the desired organization, Gordon’s end-to-end approach includes advising individual executives, executive teams and entire organizations as they all influence individual performance and organizational outcomes. He has also helped his clients with value-purchasing, patient centered medical homes (PCMH) and integrated delivery systems. He served as an adjunct professor at the Business School of Xavier University and taught in the physician leadership program sponsored by Xavier and ChoiceCare (now Humana) for many years.
• B.A., Duke University
• M.A., Clinical and Developmental Psychology, Antioch University
• Leading the Heroic Journey: Drawing on the Wisdom of Cultures Throughout Time (Online, 2010)
• “Physician Integration & Leadership Performance,” White Paper
• “Physician Whiplash,” White Paper
• Federal Aviation Administration
• Mohawk Indian Nation
• Banner Health
• Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
• Southcoast Health System
• Mt. Carmel Health
• Chester County Health System
• Peace Health
• University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
FORTUNE 500 CLIENTS
• General Motors
• GE Aircraft Engines
• Procter & Gamble
Gordon is married to a professor emeritus at the University of Cincinnati, and they have twins in college. Partly to make sure he experiences the change about which he consults and partly due to a love of music, Gordon is currently learning to play the violin.
“Gordon focuses on developing the physician leadership required to deal effectively with an emerging healthcare environment that demands agile organizations.”